The Pros and Cons of Carrot Tea and Green Tea
These days, it seems like there are a ton of options for teas, herbal supplements, and holistic remedies. More options is almost always a good thing, for many reasons. It’s a sign of prosperity, wellness, and better standards of living for the masses. The problem is, every option seems to do the same things: better health, better mental capabilities, faster reflexes, levitation, direct communication with God, and on and on (just kidding). But there are some options that are superior to others depending on what you’re looking for. In this article, we’re going to discuss the pros and cons of green tea and carrot tea, and why you might consider choosing one over the other.
The pros of carrot tea
Carrots are known as an extremely healthy food to eat, which means that it should be healthy to drink in your tea, right? At TeaDreamTea, we think so. Here’s a few pros:
- Carrots can detoxify and strengthen kidneys
- They are high in protein, potassium, and vitamin K
- Carrots can heal sores in the mouth
- Carrots are said to have a positive effect on tumors
- Carrot tea is caffeine-free (more on caffeine later)
The cons of carrot tea
As with anything else, however, too much of a good thing is never good. Luckily, it’s pretty difficult to consume too many carrots, especially in tea form. However, here is the only main con of having too many carrots:
- Consuming too many carrots can cause adverse reactions in the digestive system. It may interfere with the digestion of zinc, magnesium, and calcium in the body.
The pros of green tea
Now, we here at TeaDreamTea believe in fairness, even when it comes to our main competitor: green tea. So, in the name of fairness we’re going to list some real pros of drinking green tea:
- Green tea may increase blood flow
- It may also have a positive effect on several heart-related issues like like high blood pressure
- Green tea could help a person with diabetes keep their blood sugar stable
The cons of green tea
Well, just like with carrots or any other thing out there, too much of a good thing is never good. Green tea has it’s downsides too. Here’s a few, just to give a solid idea:
- Green tea can cause stomach upset and constipation
- It can also cause sleep issues due to the caffeine
- The caffeine in green tea can also have a negative effect on testosterone in men, which is linked to lower energy level, sex drive, and hair loss
Carrot tea and green tea both have their upsides and downsides alike, but we here at TeaDreamTea are strong advocates of carrot tea any and all days of the week. The health benefits for us definitely outweigh the risks, especially when compared to teas containing high amounts of caffeine. All we can say is is just try it and see for yourself how great it really is!